please follow these guidelines.
Those who violate the policies are subject to being banned without notice
- In an effort to raise the level of discourse on our site, commenters are required to use their real names when posting. If we suspect that your Facebook persona is not real -- judging by your "name," your lack of friends, your lack of posts about anything other than our stories, or other factors -- your posts will not be visible.
- Do not resort to personal abuse. You may disagree with the content of an article, with the reporter or with other readers’ comments, but do not attack anyone personally.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story will be deleted.
- Be original. Posts that copy and paste the work of others will be deleted.
- Do not use foul language. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Avoid hate speech. Abusive comments, racist rants or defamatory statements about any group will be deleted.
- Do not use threatening language.
- Use standard English grammar and observe accepted rules for capitalization, punctuation and spelling.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
If a post is determined to have violated the guidelines listed above, it may be blocked or deleted.
Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well. So please play nicely on our site.